Monday, July 13, 2009

What 2 Go 2: July 13 to 19


Great week last week, even though I skipped Army Navy at Spaceland and the plethora of shows on Thursday. Kitty, Daisy and Lewis were excellent on Tuesday following a strong performance by Le Switch, and yesterday I was treated to acoustic sets by Steel Train and Fun at Space 15 Twenty.

Onto the matter at hand . . .

Monday: Natalie Portman's Shaved Head opens the Andy Clockwise residency at Spaceland. Sure, Natalie Portman's Shaved Head is disposable, but it's fun, and plenty of reason to check out Andy Clockwise, who I'm not very familiar with.

Wednesday: Fol Chen at Pershing Square. I probably won't even try to get downtown during rush hour, but maybe.

Thursday
: LA (heart) SF show featuring The Monolators and Flying Tourbillon Orchestra at the Echo. This promises to be a great show. I've never seen The Monolators and I'm curious about FTO's relatively new lineup. The Damselles will also be making an appearance, likely backing up FTO.

Friday: If I didn't already have plans I'd be at the Echo for a second consecutive night to see Happy Hollows and The Valley Arena.

Saturday: So Many Dynamos at Spaceland. For fans of The Dismemberment Plan, assuming their second album sounds anything like their first.

Sunday: Good of a time as any to check out The Jakes' residency at Cinespace.

No comments:

Post a Comment