Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Local Natives at Spaceland (5/8/2009)


Local Natives are obviously a CER favorite; just look over to the playlist I include on the right side of this blog or see my Featured Band: Local Natives post, the only featured band post I've ever done. Nonetheless, I was worried before the show that with this being my sixth time seeing Local Natives I'd be less impressed simply because I've seen them so many times.

But once they started playing those worries disappeared and I really enjoyed their set. Taylor said afterwards that the vocals were a bit low (he also generally said that they've been disappointed with the sound at their LA shows), but the band plays with so much energy that even if one or two things are off it's always a great set.

Video Clips:

Their cover of Talking Heads' "Warning Sign"



"Sun Hands"



Pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment