Sunday, May 3, 2009

W2G2: May 4 - 9


Last week in a nutshell: saying goodbye to The Henry Clay People while saying a big hello to Castledoor and their great new album (review coming soon). Blogging is more fun when it coincides with wine drinking.

Away we go . . .

Monday: Girls night: Obi Best opens for Juliette Commagere's first residency show at the Echo.
  • Obi Best is mellow, female-fronted indie rock from a former background singer of The Bird and the Bee. Good melodies. And Juliette Commagere sounds good and supposedly has a 13 piece backing band. This will be a fun change of pace show for me.
Tuesday: Cinco de Mayo. Two pretty good choices, but I'm probably going to sit this one out.
  • Avi Buffalo's first residency show at the Echo. The Echo's page for this show says that there's four bands supporting this show on top of Avi Buffalo. I don't see how that's possible.
Wednesday: I'd like to check out Gardening, Not Architecture at the Viper Room, one of the many projects of Sarah Saturday, but I'll probably be at the Dodger game instead.

Thursday: Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros at Regent Theatre, the second of their three shows at the Regent (I wrote Edwin instead of Edward last week. Whoops). I am very excited for this. CER Show of the Week.

Friday:
Local Natives return after a mini-west coast tour to play Spaceland. To my knowledge it's their first official Spaceland show; they've played Spaceland twice but only as last minute replacements for canceling bands.

Saturday
: Iron & Wine at the Troubdour. (Sold out)

No comments:

Post a Comment